Naturopathic physicians learn to treat all aspects of family health and wellness, from pediatrics to geriatrics. They tailor their therapies to meet the individual needs of each patient, factoring in physical, social, emotional and spiritual aspects before prescribing a course of treatment. Because they view natural remedies as complementary as well as primary, naturopathic physicians cooperate with other medical professionals, referring patients to allopathic medical doctors, surgeons and other specialists whenever appropriate.
Our Doctors of naturopathic medicine (NDs) are trained as primary care providers and, as such, their scope of practice include:
- Botanical medicine
- Physical medicine
- Physical and clinical diagnosis
- Laboratory diagnosis and diagnostic imaging
- Acupuncture and Oriental medicine
Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine
Many of us find that figuring out what to eat is confusing. There are so many different diets out there: vegetarian, vegan, macrobiotic, raw food, Blood Type, Paleo, GAPS, etc. We will help you come up with a food plan that suits your beliefs without compromising nutrition. We believe that there is no single diet that suits everyone. Ultimately we promote:
- whole, non-processed foods
- colorful fruits & vegetables, preferably organic
- low refined (and unrefined) sugars
- sustainable seafood that is low in toxicity
- pasture-raised, hormone- and antibiotic-free meat, if you eat meat
The providers at Rain City Integrative Clinic work with patients to really tailor the counseling experience. Most sessions utilize CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) as a base and other therapies are added as needed. The frequency and duration of therapy is decided between the provider and the patient.
1. The greater the dilution of a remedy the more powerful is its medicinal effects.
2. "Like cures like", which means a dilute, potentized substance will produce the same symptoms as the disease when given to a healthy person.
Homeopathy, taken from the Greek 'homoios', meaning similar, and “pathos”, meaning suffering, works on the body/mind system as a whole, aiming to promote physical and mental well-being. Looking beyond labels that are traditionally given to disorders, homeopathy seeks to strengthen the underlying imbalance or disorder that lies within the person.
People seek massage therapy for a variety of reasons – to reduce stress and anxiety, relax muscles, rehabilitate injuries, reduce pain, and promote overall health and wellness.
Therapeutic Infrared Sauna
Infrared saunas are best known for their ability to relieve the body from stress. The infrared heat is known to also help:
- provide soothing relief from arthritis/rheumatism
- clear up congestion
- improve the circulatory system
- lower the blood pressure
- improve production of plasma and red blood cells
- strengthen the immune system
- increase the body’s endurance
- promote a more healthy heart
- create a rejuvenating effect on the skin